Monday, July 16, 2012

That's Such a Pity

A friend questioned why I wasn't blogging like I once had. I didn't realize it had been two months. I knew why, I just didn't have the right words to explain. It seemed like there were so many reason to why I had quit. So many different excuses to why I had given up.
However, the one thing that stood out was....the enemy sent me an invitation to a party, and I was the guest of honor.

My very own, guest of one...Pity Party!



The subtitle of my blog states, "Finding God's Grace in the Everyday."
When I'm in my self-woes...grace is the last gift I am unwrapping.

My party games consisted of: thoughts that where focused on hate filled words, whispers, and haughty glances by others sent my way.
I was pondering about finances, futures, hardships and health.
My moments of quiet, instead of being filled with His word and abiding in Him...became an archaeological dig in the past and crystal ball prediction of the future.

 Why do I do that? This is not what my heavenly Father desires for me.
 Why do I let myself resurrect the days gone by, and then try to foretell the days to come?

I worry.

Worry is self pity!
Self absorbed.
Self importance.

I look at how things effects ME....how does this put ME out...how this stretches ME...how this makes ME feel...what good is this to ME!!!!!
 I am rolling in the muck and mire of selfishness and it's a bottomless pit.
Self pity is a sand trap that keeps pulling me deeper and deeper...I'm drowning.
This is not what my heavenly Father wants for me.

"Kimberly, Kimberly"...."Why are you worried and upset about many things...Mary has chosen what is better." Matthew 10:41-42

I must sit at His feet!!!

"He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire...(of my pity party)...and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God." Psalm 40:2-3


The focus should never be on me. It should always be on Him...the one who has forgiven the past and holds my future.

I must trust Him.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your path straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

I must be thankful.

I need to give thanks and have a  heart filled with gratitude, for what He does.

"I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds." Psalm 9:1

There will be muck along the path. Sand traps will be along the way.
I will leap over them, with a song of  thanksgiving, skipping off to the party...a Party of Praise..my heavenly Father intends and attends for me.









No comments:

Post a Comment