Friday, May 4, 2012

Jesus, I Love Thee...

Jesus, I love Thee....

This song has been playing in my heart this week. I do appreciate old hymns, the words are soulful, healing...they have substance.

As I was singing (make a joyful noise) the third measure grips me every time.

"I love the in life, I will love Thee in death;
And praise Thee as long as Thou lendest me breath;
And say when the death-dew lies cold on my brow,
If ever I loved Thee, Lord Jesus, 'tis now."

Will we love Him through death?

The death of a marriage, of vows?
The death of a dream for son over taken by an addiction?
The death of a lifestyle for a sister being blinded by the world's lies?
The death of a infant, new life abruptly taken without reason?
The death of  ideas when a diagnoses is terminal?

Can we, will we say...

"If ever I loved Thee, Lord Jesus, 'tis now."







No comments:

Post a Comment